In order to achieve our goals we need the hard work and financial support of many people. Achieving our goals to restore the wetlands of Lake Butte des Morts and care for Terrell's Island requires the hard work and financial support of many people. We hope that you will decide to join us on this adventure and make a direct impact on our local wetlands.
We realize that not everyone can participate in projects and events at the same level of involvement. For this reason, there are no meeting or participation requirements unless you choose to earn voting privileges.
You are invited to join the club. We would love to have you as a member in what ever capacity you are able. Simply fill out our Membership Application and New Member Survey and either email them to Here or print and send them to the address provided. Donations can be accepted electronically via Paypal or through a check or money order. You can be assured that your participation in wildlife and habitat conservation will be a very rewarding and satisfying experience.
- Annual Dues - $25.00 (U.S.)
- Members will receive a membership card, a window decal, and a periodical newsletter that will keep you informed of club events, activities, and projects.
- Members do not incur any attendance or working requirements. You can participate in as many or as few meetings and projects as you choose.
- Lifetime Membership- $1,000 (U.S.) You may choose to pay in installments over the course of one year. Contact us to set up a schedule that works for you.
- Members who attend 50% of the general membership meetings and participate in a minimum of one club project or event per year will earn the right to vote for Board of Directors.
- Voting members must be18 years of age.
- Voting Members will possess one (1) vote in all non-Board of Director Decisions.
Board of Directors
The Butte des Morts Conservation Club Board of Directors consists of nine members. To hold office on the Board of Directors, you will be required to:
- Have met all the requirements of a Voting Member.
- Have been a Voting Member for a minimum of two (2) consecutive years.
- Have attended sixty-six percent (66%) of the regular monthly meetings for the proceeding twelve months.
The Butte des Morts Conservation Club, Inc. is a nonprofit Wisconsin Corporation recognized as tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations may be tax-deductible for those who itemize. Consult your tax preparer or accountant.
The Butte des Morts Conservation Club has been designated a Nonprofit Conservation Organization (NCO) by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.