BDMCC General Meeting
Monday, September 16, 2019 at 7pm
Guests: Adam Nickel and Chad Casper, DNR
The General Meeting of the Butte des Morts Conservation Club was called to order on September 16, 2019 in our School house by Bruce Loberg. Minutes were read and accepted from May 6, 2019. Treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
- Pontoon Boat will be taken out on Wednesday September 18thand will sell as is
- Security cameras need to be put in place at the schoolhouse and in our parking lot. Jordan will look into options. CuddeLink trail cameras was also brought up as an option
- Jordan will contact the county to set up Wiouwash Trail clean up
- F.N. Fun Run presented the club with a $1000 check from their “Fun Run” that took place on Saturday, August 24thwith about 70 people in attendance.
- Pat Hickey who passed away in June donated $10,000 to the club to be used towards the schoolhouse and education.
- Our Sign keeps tipping over from wind. The sign will need anchor points on both sides to prevent this.
- Break Wall Project
- Phase 1
- Remove rock islands inside Terrell’s Island
- Create an off-shore break wall in Samers Bay estimated 5,850 in length
- Phase 2
- Create a substantial opening that is about 2,200 feet in length on the east side of the Terrell Island break wall. The rock material that is removed to create the opening will be used to build Phase 1 of the new Samers Bay break wall.
- This will improve fish habitiat and provide better fishing opportunites for boat and shoreline anglers. Of course the down side is the trail no longer being “a loop”.
- Public Meetings will be held to explain to the public why part of the trail will be taken out.
- Phase 1
Meeting was adjourned at 8:11pm by Randy Pointon, seconded by Pete Guckenberg. The next General Meeting will be at 7pm on January 13, 2020, at the Fin N’ Feather.
Minutes submitted by: Jordan Vanderloop, Administrative Assistant